Well done, you’re having a baby! If this is your first baby, you’ll be spending some money for the things your new addition will need but don’t spend a lot of money on a maternal wardrobe. Here are a few tips that will help you conserve a lot of money on your clothes.
One of the most important things to remember about this time in your life is that you’re really only going to need true maternal clothes for about four to five months. What you need about your needs. Don’t buy costly maternity clothes for “just within case” events unless you know you are going to really need it.
Don’t assume that all you can purchase are clothes labeled ‘maternity’ especially in the first few months when you might need a bit more room but you’re not looking really pregnant yet. Many styles, like the newer baby-doll shirts allow a generous bit of fabric within the front. The same applies to pants because early on, you might need a bit of stretch in the waist but you won’t fill out maternal pants yet. Pants with flexible waist bands will fit the bill.
Let me touch briefly on saving a bit of money on bras and undergarments while you’re pregnant. Don’t spend money on maternal underwear. They’re designed to stretch out over your tummy but it’s really much more comfortable and easier to wear bikini underwear and let it sit under your belly (trust me and lots of other ladies on this one).
In the event you loved this post and you want to receive more details concerning Carry Maternity generously visit our site.
You’ll find that early on, your own breasts will get larger and you’ll require up in cup-size. Later on, you’ll notice that you might not need a larger cup size but you’ll need a bit more area around. Don’t go out and buy another fresh bra. You can find bra extenders on sewing centers. They don’t require sewing and just connect to your current bra in the hook and loops. They are about $2 compared to $30+ for new bras.
Here are the other ideas to help you save lots of money on maternity clothes:
1) Lend clothes from friends – My girlfriend started her family just before I did and she actually offered her maternity clothes to me to use during my pregnancy. In the same way, I offered the girl some of my own maternity clothes when she was pregnant after me personally. We actually exchanged the same clothing four times before I delivered them onto my sister-in-law and he or she and her friends exchanged all of them several more times.
When credit maternity clothes, DO make sure to care for the clothes and launder all of them properly. Make sure to return them for all those done using them unless you’ve been clearly told not to return them (I was a bit upset if a coworker gave away some of my maternity clothes without my okay because she thought we were accomplished having children).
2) Thrift shops – So many women quickly get rid of their maternity clothes when they believe they’re done having kids. Indicate want to look at the “fat clothes” any more. Although I wasn’t in the market for business-type maternity clothes, I was amazed at just how inexpensive some of those types of maternity clothes were (after having seen them regarding full-price in a maternity clothing store).
3) Consignment shops – Sometimes you might need a dress or clothing for a special occasion. My brother was engaged and getting married when I was VERY pregnant with our third and I chose to not be a bridesmaid but was going to do a reading and needed something special. I discovered some very nice maternity “special occasion” dresses at a local consignment go shopping for a fraction of their original cost.
4) eBay – If you do a search of “maternity clothes lot dimension ___”, you’ll find a large selection of maternity clothing available. You can find sellers looking to market “lots” of clothing or specific pieces.
5) Craigslist. org : Craig list is a great place to find a lot of things, not just maternity clothes. You can search your area of the state plus contact most sellers through the e-mails provided. Many sellers are looking to market entire wardrobes for very little. To get safety, never meet up with any seller alone and don’t tell the seller your own exact address.